Summary of Qualifications
Dedicated and detail-focused Cinematographer, Videographer, and Visual Media Producer, with a demonstrated track record of producing accomplished productions professionally and creatively.
- Skilled in image acquisition for television productions, documentaries, narrative films, commercials, corporate, training, education, product demos, live events, and web videos
- Intrinsic ability to convey stories through the film and video medium utilizing the art and science of cinematography to express the visual subtext of the narrative
- Expertise in Producing / Directing projects on schedule and on budget while never sacrificing quality
- Proficiency with Film, HD, and Digital Video formats and cameras, including: Sony HDW-F700A/F900, XDCAM 350, PD150/170, Z1U/V1U, DSR-250/300/500, BRC-H700; Panasonic AF100, HPX170/300/500/3000, HVX205A, DVX100B; JVC DV500/HD100U, Iconix HD-RH1, Beta SX, Arriflex Alexa, 435/ST/LT, Arri S/M/SR3/416, Bolex, Aaton A-minima, LTR/XTR-prod, Canon EOS 5D Mark II / 7D High-Definition Digital SLRs; GoPro HD Hero
- Computer skills include Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 & CS5.5 Production Premium
- Winner “Best Film” Take 1 Film Festival in 2000 for the 16mm short film Headache
- With group effort, winner of the W3 Gold Award in the Events & Live Broadcasts category, 2008
- Camera Operating
- Director of Photography
Bachelor’s Degree in Film and Video Production, major in Cinematography
Graduated with Honors, 2003
Columbia College Chicago
Recent Professional Experience Summaries
- Director of Photography / Camera Operator (XDCAM HD): two, short-form video segments for broadcast alongside the 2010 French Open. Tennis Channel.
- Director of Photography / Camera Operator (XDCAM HD, HDCAM): Retirement Revolution: The New Reality. 90-minute nationally broadcast PBS Special. Boyer Productions, WTTW National Productions.
- Director of Photography / Camera Operator (HDCAM): Gangland. Episode #307. History Channel.
- Director of Photography / Camera Operator (HDCAM): When Weather Changed History: Episode #214: Super Outbreak. Towers Productions, Inc. The Weather Channel.
- Director of Photography / Camera Operator – (Vienna, Austria Unit). (XDCAM HD): International Antarctic Expedition Team. Tawani Foundation; Von Braun Center for Science & Innovation; NASA.
- Director of Photography / Camera Operator (HDCAM): The New Cicero Municipal Complex. Cicero, IL.
- Producer / 2nd Unit Director of Photography / Camera Operator (HDCAM + DV): Between Two Worlds: The Inner Lives of Children of Divorce. Documentary based on the book written by Elizabeth Marquardt. Boyer Productions.
- Additional Cinematographer (HPX300): Snip. Feature Documentary about Leo Passage & Pivot Point International. FrameOne Communications.
Educational / Industrial
- Director of Photography / Camera Operator (HD/Letus35, Nikon lenses): Midas Premium Brake Service. Training Video. CBC.
- Director of Photography / Camera Operator (HD): NAPA Auto Parts. Training Videos. CBC.
- Director of Photography / Camera Operator (DVCAM): Computer and Internet Basics. Children’s Educational Video. Colman Communications Corp., Discovery Education.
- Additional Cinematographer / Camera-2 Operator (Canon 5D Mark II): Walgreens Stores – The New Wave. Promotional Video. ProGroup, Walgreens.
- Director of Photography / Camera Operator (DV): Generac Power Systems Corporate Video & Virtual Factory Tour. Brien Lee VideoStory Inc.
- Videographer: National Radio Hall of Fame 2011 Induction Ceremony, hosted by Larry King. MBC.
- Camera Operator (Triax/live web cast): Pritzker Military Library Presents. Jumpmaster Productions, WYCC-TV.
- Producer / Director of Photography / A-Camera Operator (DVCAM/BETA): Windy City Open Squash Championships National Tournament. University Club of Chicago.
- Camera Operator (HD): SAP Advanced Manufacturing Summit. Corporate Videos.
- Camera-3 Operator (HPX170): Vadim Gluzman Violin Concert & Kathleen Keane Fall CD Celebration Concert. Live Events. Jumpmaster Productions.
- Director of Photography / Camera Operator (AF100, Nikon lenses): The End of August. Short Film, submitted for the 2012 Sundance Film Festival. Clear Box Studios.
- Director of Photography / Camera Operator (DV): Diacritical. Feature Film. Wishbox Media.
- Director of Photography / Camera Operator (HVX205A/Letus35, Zeiss lenses): The Incurable. Short Film.
- Director of Photography / B-Camera Operator (HVX200/Cinevate Brevis 35mm, Nikon lenses): Endangered. Short Film.
- Director of Photography / B-Camera Operator (Canon 7D, GoPro): CB Fleet Solutions. Napa Auto Parts, CBC.
- Director of Photography / Camera Operator (DV): American Cancer Society Fundraising Promotional Video.
- Director / Director of Photography / Camera Operator / Editor (DV): A New Harvey Rising. City of Harvey, IL Mayor’s office.
- Director of Photography / Camera Operator (HPX170): Mr Skin. Promotional Web Video.